Experience a Remedial Massage and Claim it back via BUPA
Remedial massage is a therapeutic massage technique used to treat musculoskeletal conditions and injuries. It involves the assessment, treatment, and management of soft tissue dysfunction, including muscles, tendons, ligaments, and fascia. Remedial massage can help relieve pain, improve range of motion, and promote healing.
If you have Bupa private health insurance, you may be able to claim benefits for remedial massage. However, the amount of coverage and the specific terms and conditions may vary depending on your policy. It’s important to check with Bupa directly or review your policy documents to understand the specifics of your coverage.
Bupa Extras Cover for Remedial Massage
In general, Bupa’s private health insurance policies that include extras cover may include remedial massage as a covered benefit. The amount of coverage will depend on your policy and level of cover, and may be subject to annual limits or other restrictions. Some policies may also require you to visit a Bupa-approved provider in order to receive benefits for remedial massage.
If you’re interested in using remedial massage as part of your healthcare routine, it’s a good idea to discuss your options with your healthcare provider or a qualified remedial massage therapist. They can help you determine whether this technique is appropriate for your needs and can recommend a course of treatment that is safe and effective.
If you want to claim back a private health insurance remedial massage in Australia without a HICAPS machine, you will need to submit a claim to your insurance company. Here are the steps you can take:
- Get a receipt: Make sure you get a receipt from the massage therapist that includes their name, business name, and ABN number, the date of the service, the cost of the service, and the type of massage you received.
- Complete a claim form: You can obtain a claim form from your insurance provider’s website or by contacting their customer service line. You will need to fill out the form with your personal details, the details of the service provider, and the details of the service received.
- Attach supporting documentation: You will need to attach the receipt you received from the massage therapist to your claim form.
- Submit your claim: Once you have completed the claim form and attached the supporting documentation, you can submit your claim to your insurance provider by email, post or online. Be sure to keep a copy of your claim form and supporting documents for your records.
- Wait for reimbursement: After your claim is processed by your insurance provider, they will reimburse you for the covered amount of the massage therapy session. The time it takes to receive reimbursement can vary, so it’s a good idea to check with your insurance provider to see what their processing times are.